Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The termination of youth

Asalamalaikum

Subhannallah.

So today, as is usual on my bus journeys to and from college, i see and hear and ponder over many things. Sometimes these thoughts are very random, other times im simply marvelled at the beauty of Allah Ar-Rahman.

So today, i was at the busstop freezing in the typical british weather [ which i love so much]and waiting for the bus. So were this old couple. They were really old, subhannallah, and it was just so beautiful to see them both together, standing by each other, truley companions!! ... If I was cold, and they were 60 something years older than me, i can only imagine how they must have felt.

Then, to propell my thoughts further, a kitted out car went past, blazing and i mean blazing loud obnoxious music. Subhannallah, i dont know what it was, but this moment suddenly made me think of the hadith:

Take advantage of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you become occupied, and your life before your death.

Hadith narrated by Ibn Abbas (ra)

I felt sorry that we all had to hear this music, and especially for the old couple who suddenly seemed distressed by it. Subhannallah, this youth finds pleasure in such an activity, but one day, as i was looking to these elders, his youth will be gone, before a flash of his eyes, his enjoyment period will be over, MY youth will be over, and what would i have achieved? To think that this old couple too were young once aswell, subhannallah, it just made me think of life as a whole.

Our lives are going, they are gifts given to us by Allah, He has blesed us with this chance to prove ourselves, and we shouldnt take it as mere play. Who knows when this gift will be taken back, when our lives will end, when we will be called on to answer as to how we spent our lives..?

Inshallah i hope we can all realise Allahs magnificence and His generosity and the temporary status of this world, and May He guide us all to Him Ameen.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Muslim Freedom said...

I know its kinda late right now, and I should be in bed.
Don't worry, I ain't some drugged up stalker sitting in a dark room LOL.
I realise I haven't commented on here in quite a while.
Didn't even know you were still updating this blog, but your last entry was deep.

You kind of lost me with the guys in the car LOL, they can suck it.
I don't know if you know yourself, that you drew upon something so damn true, just by quoting that hadith and attributing it to the first 10 lines.

This is exactly how I feel. I remember at times when I was younger, the amount of depression.
But when I look back now, I realise how much I could have achieved.
You'll never know that experience until its passed you by.
Everytime I feel depressed and think I've reached the end of the road, I remember that time when I was a lot younger, when the same thing used to cross my mind, however it was easier back then to achieve what I wanted, than it is now.

So why did I find it so hard at that time?
And the answer was that I didn't take advantage of the situation, because my mental capacity did not allow me to.

I can't tell you how true all of that hadith is. Even the part where it says "...your free time before you become occupied..." Because you have a lot of free time right now in school, you might not know it.
One day though you will be so occupied till the amount that you won't be able to get a few minutes alone.

About the old people, yeah its true, they were once like us, and now we're going to be just like them.
Thats life, one day you're on some lame ass site talking trash, i.e islamica LOL.
Next minute you're some 50 year old regretting every single minute you wasted.
Good post.

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

salaam u just gave us the reality of life...the beautiful thing is that life begins after death.... thinking about life and the way u wrote wat u wrote brought tears into my eyes...and now the ppl in the library are looking at me

7:06 PM  
Blogger *Under*Cover*Sister* said...

"the beautiful thing is that life begins after death"

Subhannallah! how very true. subhannallah.
[sorry about the stares!]

and jazakallah for the in depth comment FreedomLover, Ameen to the duas brotherhood.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Nazia said...

Ameen!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home