Tuesday, October 24, 2006

wasalam ramadhan

My dearest friend...
has left me again
It came and it went
and now im left to lament

How well did i take care of that friend who is so dear?
did it help me draw to my Lord near?
Did i look after the visitor who came?
or did i continue as usual, remained the same?
Did i waste or cherish its dear company?
How did its presence affect me?

Alas, now my dear friend you have gone
and i feel so desolate, again all alone...
i pray inshallah next time you come i welcome you more dear
but if you again bless my life still is unclear

Wasaalaam...
My dear Ramadhan..

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Meticulousness said...

I've always been a person who relishes poetry. Wonderfully written, masha'allah!

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,

Really nice blog..

been a checkin regularly, thought i should comment.

tc

4:39 PM  
Blogger mortalmuslim said...

cute!
waslam

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that was really nice. i love poetry. and it's been a while since some have made me reflect.

4:53 AM  
Blogger *Under*Cover*Sister* said...

salam jazakallah khayr for the kind feedback. i guess what made this peice powerful to me was that it came straight from my heart...i sincerely missed ramadhan so much and felt so empty when it initially left...it was like i lost someone who was so meaningful ..

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home